Difflam Anti-infammatory Lozenges RED 16 tablets
Difflam Anaesthetic, Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Lozenges can be used for the relief of pain and inflammation associated with pharyngitis, minor mouth infections, dental procedures and oral surgery.
Difflam Anaesthetic, Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Lozenges contain the active ingredients benzydamine, dichlorobenzyl alcohol and lignocaine.
Benzydamine belongs to a family of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They work to reduce pain and inflammation in the body by reducing the production of hormone-like substances that promote the inflammatory response. Benzydamine does not treat the underlying cause of the inflammation, however, and should not be used for extended periods of time without medical advice. Benzydamine also possesses local anaesthetic activity to further enhance pain relief.
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol is an antibacterial agent designed to prevent the growth of bacteria in the throat and mouth. It may help to reduce the severity and duration of a sore throat.
Lignocaine is a local anaesthetic agent that works by blocking pain signals to and from the nervous system. Lignocaine helps to temporarily relieve pain in conditions of the mouth and throat such as sore throat.
- Difflam Anaesthetic, Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Lozenges should not be chewed, but dissolved slowly in the mouth for optimal effect (see packaging for dose instructions)
- Do not use for more than 7 days without medical advice
- If symptoms do not improve after a few days of treatment, consult your doctor as the condition may require treatment with antibiotics
- Seek medical advice before using if you are taking regular medication for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Seek medical advice before using if you have had a previous allergic reaction to aspirin or other NSAIDs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
- Asthma, wheezing or shortness of breath
- Swelling of the face, lips or tongue, causing difficulty swallowing and breathing
- Hives, itching or skin rash
- Used only under medical advice in patients who are pregnant (ADEC Pregnancy Category B2) or breast feeding.
- Difflam Anaesthetic, Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Lozenges contain the natural sugar substitute isomalt, which may have a laxative effect when consumed in excess.
- Care should be taken when consuming hot food or drink following use of Difflam Anaesthetic, Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Lozenges, as the local anaesthetic may dull the sensation of heat and pain. It is recommended to avoid hot food or drink for one to two hours following use.
- Not recommended in children under the age of six years except under medical advice.
Combines an anti-inflammatory with an anti-bacterial to help relieve sore throat pain and help kill germs
|What they do||Difflam Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Bacterial Lozenges combine the anti-inflammatory benzydamine with an antiseptic to help relieve pain and help kill the germs that cause minor throat and mouth infections.
Provides fast relief from the pain, swelling and redness of sore throats and mouth conditions − including pharyngitis, tonsillitis, mouth ulcers, and after dental procedures, oral surgery or radiation therapy. Helps to fight minor throat and mouth infections.
|Flavours||Honey & Lemon
Eucalyptus & Menthol
|Dosage||Above 6 years old : 1 lozenge every 1-2 hours, max 12 lozenges per day|
|Sizes||Packs of 16|
|Recommended for||Adults and children 6 years and over|